Art of Persistence

"The art of love ... is largely the art of persistence." -Albert Ellis

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bright Week Blues

Am I the only one that feels a little let down after Holy Week and Pascha? It is Wednesday, Bright Wednesday. All during Lent our parish celebrated the Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts every Wednesday. Staying home tonight, catching up on housework, I miss my church family. And I feel like our celebration of Pascha should be continuing. I'm sure that this is part of why the Church, in Her wisdom, prescribes Bright Week services every day this week. Unfortunately my parish is too small to accomplish this.

Part of me thinks this is OK, though. That part would be my right arm. It is still aching from directing all of that music Holy Week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home