Art of Persistence

"The art of love ... is largely the art of persistence." -Albert Ellis

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

12 Foot Snowman


I remember how my jaw dropped when the car rounded the corner and I saw this in my Auntie's backyard. Thanks to Cousin Jimmy for the picture - and the snowman in the first place.
This is actually the second snowman he built. A vandal knocked the first one down in the night. CJ rebuilt Frosty, then waited up with a shotgun until the vandal returned with an axe. Whereupon CJ emerged from his lair and fired into the air. My Auntie still has the axe. The yellow snow produced by the vandal has long since melted.
(I'm the cute one on the right - at least I was the cute one on the right.)
Addendum from CJ:
"Didn't know you knew the whole story on Mr. Snowman, the 2nd one, the kid, the axe, my waiting inside the garage door, camera w/flash (night) took a picture of him when he came for his axe but through the fence so no detail, then as he ran around the SouthWest end of Oak School, .410 BOOM in the air. Bet he was upset, only knew his picture had been taken and a gun went off, wonder if he expected impact of a bullet, wonder if he has stopped shaking yet?"

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger Trebor Nevals said…

    Wow. I'm officially sending this to everyone I know. (Prepare to be famous.)

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Rich said…

    Wow! I had a spike from 8 new visitors!

    With a network like that, it's no wonder you stay so close to the Pointy-Haired Boss.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home