Art of Persistence

"The art of love ... is largely the art of persistence." -Albert Ellis

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

White and Snowman

I believe this will be the last of the Snowman pictures. That's Old Andy standing with the ephemeral tall guy. Andy was the closest thing I ever had to a grandfather, and I miss the old man. He had no reason to treat us boys with such kindness, other than that was just the way he was. I still pray for him, and I believe he still prays for me.

I've been working on a post about C.S. Lewis's chapter on Friendship in The Four Loves, but I'm finding it difficult for some reason. In the meantime, why don't you have a look at this sympathetic critique of Lewis's Mere Christianity by N.T. Wright.

Come to think of it, when I see photos of C.S. Lewis, I'm always reminded of Old Andy. Hey, Andy, tell Jack I said, "Howdy."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home