Art of Persistence

"The art of love ... is largely the art of persistence." -Albert Ellis

Friday, February 04, 2011

Is Persistence Dead?

No.

I, like so many others, started a blog without a clear idea of what I wanted to do with it. But now I think I've got a couple of ideas that should keep me busy and focused for a while.
  1. I've recently reconnected with many old friends who haven't heard a peep out of me in 30 or more years - way back when I was a fire-breathing, counter-cultural, anti-denominationalist, anti-doctrinal, charismatic Christian. Today I am a convinced and committed Orthodox Christian. I have been asked to explain myself, so I will to the best of my abilities.
  2. Paraphrasing the writings of the Early Church Fathers. I don't claim this to be translation and certainly not of academic quality. The purpose of this exercise is primarily to get me reading patristics, and only secondarily to share my work with others.
Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home