Art of Persistence

"The art of love ... is largely the art of persistence." -Albert Ellis

Friday, July 27, 2007

TBM's Epiphany

The Boy has been misbehaving. The Boy's Mom (TBM) is frustrated with him, almost to the point of despair. Then TBM hears the 5 year old saying his bedtime prayers. "Lord, please forgive me for the wrong things I do. And help me to do better. I don't know what my problem is. Just please help me." Along with the lump in her throat, and the tear in her eye, TBM gets some perspective. Yes, he is her boy, and she wants him to be the best behaved boy that's ever lived. But he is still a sinner in need of deliverance. And she also gets something to be thankful for: he's trying to do better, and asking for God's help. He's really not that different from the rest of us, except that we're better at hiding the wrong things we do, and not so quick to ask for forgiveness and help.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home