Art of Persistence

"The art of love ... is largely the art of persistence." -Albert Ellis

Friday, June 01, 2007

History Can Be Beautiful

I was watching this video of the reunification of the Russian Orthodox Church and the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad and I got a lump in my throat. What I found so deeply moving was not the reunification itself, although it was an answer to the prayers of thousands, but the packed cathedral. It wasn't just the old women that we're used to seeing in churches in Russia; this church was packed with young and old, women and men all coming together to celebrate the answer to their prayers without fear of imprisonment, confiscation of property, or death. Who would have thought even 25 years ago that we'd ever see this day?

Marx is dead. Christ is risen!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Sonya said…

    I thank God for this unification, though the separation was a bad witness to the world. May God use it to bring glory to His name and to His church.

    And,yes - beautiful. But why did they have to have Putin up there, touching those documents with his blood-stained hands? I'm sure God loves VP. At least Someone does.

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Rich said…

    I don't know why they included Putin in the ceremony, but I didn't like it either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home