Art of Persistence

"The art of love ... is largely the art of persistence." -Albert Ellis

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Familiar Voice

Raised in one of the more Romophobic branches of Protestantism, I had a view of Roman Catholics that was not very complimentary (unless you were looking for a fun date). So back in 1993 when I learned that my favorite Christian radio host was a Catholic, my jaw dropped. How could this be so? He knew his Bible! He had well-reasoned, sound positions on every issue he talked about! This was no foul-mouthed alcoholic who "could do anything he wanted as long as he went to confession." It turned my head inside out and started me on the research that eventually led to my wife and I joining the Orthodox Church in 1994.

Well, Al Kresta has moved on to bigger and better things. He can now be heard on EWTN radio on local radio stations across the country as well as satellite and internet radio (M-F 4-6 ET). Here is a link to his radio program archives.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I love Al Kresta! He is the best interviewer I have ever heard in the media. When guests have to pause ("Wow, I've never thought of that before. What a good question!") and think before answering a question, you know they've been Krestafied.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home