Art of Persistence

"The art of love ... is largely the art of persistence." -Albert Ellis

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Taking Re-requisites part deux

My books for the re-requisites have arrived, and I've begun reading them and working exercises. I see now that the committee that didn't accept me into the graduate program did me a huge favor. After ~20 years out of school, I've forgotten enough of this that it really isn't so far off to say that I've completely forgotten this stuff. Now that I'm studying at the right level, the stuff goes into my head much more readily and I can work the problems with an encouraging level of ease. No more vacillating between, "Yes, I can do this!" and "Oh, skata!" No more mixed feelings, either. I am now wholeheartedly looking forward to the new semester.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Trebor Nevals said…

    Alright, I'll ask. As one of those people who regularly goes to the bookshelf and greedily looks at the big line of math books with all their long-forgotten contents, I have to know what it is you're a'studyin. If I know you're hungrily devouring some mathematical tome then perhaps I won't end up on the couch with a non-Eudlidean geometry book in one hand and a pad of paper in the other...

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Rich said…

    This semester I'm retaking Abstract Algebra. We're using Gallian (ISBN: 0618514716) as our text.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home